Don’t forget: these tips are for chicken frozen commercially, bought uncooked and frozen from the retailer, not for chicken that has been home-frozen.
- Most chicken pieces that have been commercially frozen can be cooked from frozen
- While this adds around 50% to the cooking time, time is saved as no defrosting is needed
- Always make sure the chicken is cooked throughout, an easy way to check this is using a meat thermometer
If in doubt, check the instructions on the packaging for further guidance.
For our favourite chicken recipes click here.
Cooking chicken from frozen
Often commercially frozen chicken pieces can be cooked from frozen. Note – this will add around 50% to the cooking time.
- Always follow package instructions
- Always make sure the chicken is cooked throughout.
For more information on defrosting chicken, check out our guide on how to defrost chicken.